Easter is nearly here! At least the schools break up in about five weeks time. We’ll be telling the Easter story nearly two weeks before the Easter weekend so it feels closer than it is. If you are looking for a simple telling of the Easter story then Go Teach Toddlers Book 2 is one place you will find one. There are simple craft ideas too.
There are thirteen stories in the book with craft ideas and general ideas for toddler groups. This book covers –
Things Jesus did
1. Jesus obeyed God Matthew 3:13-17
2. Jesus made some friends John 1:35-51
3. Jesus calmed the storm Mark 4: 35-41
4. Jesus helped people Luke 5:1-11
5. Jesus taught people about God Luke 4:15-30
6. Jesus did things we cannot do Matthew14:22-33
7. Jesus died and rose again John18:1-5; Mark 16:1-8
where to find the knitting pattern to make Bible people
I like to use a story bag at toddler group story time. I find it holds the interest of the children and adults better than a picture. My mum is a great knitter and made some Bible characters for me.
If you are able to have a go at making some then the pattern is available from http://www.alandart.co.uk . They are a good size and can be adapted by adding different clothes. A lovely reader of this blog asked about the pattern so as well as replying in the comments I thought I would share the info here too.
Happy knitting 🙂 and even happier storytelling