The fish outline is a free download from :-
The colourful ‘scales’ are mini cup cake cases cut in half. I bought them from Amazon. The fins are the cases cut into quarters.
We were doing the story of Peter being called to follow Jesus from Mark 1:16. As Peter was a fisherman we made fish! For the next few weeks our stories will be about the things Peter saw and heard and did the first Easter. Here’s Peter..with his boat and fish.
the sea, boat and fish from Peter’s story
The next four weeks will be
- The last Supper Mark 14
- Peter denies Jesus Mark 14
- Jesus death and resurrection Mark 15,16
- BBQ breakfast on the beach John 21
Each time the focus will be on what Peter saw and heard and did. I am hoping that while each short story will be interesting for the children they will also give the adults an understanding of what happened and why.
Easter is nearly here! At least the schools break up in about five weeks time. We’ll be telling the Easter story nearly two weeks before the Easter weekend so it feels closer than it is. If you are looking for a simple telling of the Easter story then Go Teach Toddlers Book 2 is one place you will find one. There are simple craft ideas too.
There are thirteen stories in the book with craft ideas and general ideas for toddler groups. This book covers –
Things Jesus did
1. Jesus obeyed God Matthew 3:13-17
2. Jesus made some friends John 1:35-51
3. Jesus calmed the storm Mark 4: 35-41
4. Jesus helped people Luke 5:1-11
5. Jesus taught people about God Luke 4:15-30
6. Jesus did things we cannot do Matthew14:22-33
7. Jesus died and rose again John18:1-5; Mark 16:1-8
Finding out about me
8. Thank God for speech Genesis 11:1-9
9. Thank God for hearing 1 Kings 19:1-18
10. Thank God for taste Daniel 1
11. Thank God for sight Mark 10:46-52
12. Thank God for touch Mark 5:21-34
13. Thank God for smell Matthew 26:6-13
You can order a copy from Go Teach