Here in the UK it’s been the National Month of Prayer for Toddler Groups organised by the 1277 group. This afternoon a group of us from this local area of East London/Essex met to talk about our groups and pray together.
We began by reading part of Psalm 139 that reminds us that children are made by God and are special to him. Then we chatted and prayed. We focused on the following
- families feeling welcomed
- thankfulness for helpers
- opportunities to share the gospel
- good relationships between parents/grandparents and carers who come to the groups
- parenting courses
- new families to come along
- dads and grandads that come to the groups – often outnumbered!
- parents and grandparents doing Christianaity Explored
There were ten of us from four churches and it was a really great time. It was good to pray together and also to share ideas and feel part of a bigger picture.