Feel free to share this story video. The illustrations are from CEF Press and the words are my own based on the Gospel of Luke.
Lots of sequins are needed for this simple star shaped decoration for the Christmas Tree! You will also need
Paint – I used yellow but you can use any colour poster paint
‘Joy to the World’ mini banner (free download available below)
A button and thread
Six lollipop/ popsicle sticks per star. (plus some spare in case of any mishaps!)
1. Paint six lollipop/popsicle sticks and leave to dry. (You can purchase didderent coloured lollipop sticks if you prefer)
2. Once dry glue together – layer the sticks as shown in the photo and wait for the glue to dry.
3. Meanwhile thread the cotton through the button – tie in a knot to make a loop. This will be used to hang the star from the tree.
4. Glue the threaded button to the top of the lollipop stick star.
5. Before you add sequins to the lollipop stick glue the mini ‘Joy to the World’ banner in place and then add sequins to the star.
This is my first attempt at a craft video (sorry for the pause in the middle – my phone did that all by itself!). Enjoy!
Several years ago when my children were children (and not adults – how did that happen so fast?!) we planted some conkers in plant pots. Once we had kept the squirrels at bay they began to grow and are now abour six feet tall. They are still in pots as horse chestnut trees can become very large if planted direct into the garden and our garden isn’t big enough. Here’s a photo of one of our trees.
This is the last short story in this series. The house that Jesus never visited!
The pictures in the video are from Free Bible Images. A great website full of useful resources. The words are my own based on Luke 5:27-32. The name Matthew has been used for simplicity.