- Some of the links in this post are affiliate links which means if you click on the link and purchase the item I will receive commission at no extra cost to you.
Here’s some instructions on how to make pringle people. They are easy to make and really useful when telling Bible stories. You can make lots of variations and they stand up all by themselves which keeps the storytellers hands free for lots of actions!
All you need to make pringle people
- Empty pringles cartons
- Material cut to approx 25cmx25cm (10in x10in) square
- Felt cut to approx 20cm x18cm (8in x7in)
- Circle 8cm (3in) diameter
- Pipecleaners at least 30 cm (12in) in length available here
- Sharpie or felt tip
- Yarn for hair
- Cellotape or glue
- Coloured paper – A4 size is fine
How to make pringle people
Clean out your container and replace the lid. Cover the tube with coloured paper and secure with cellotape or glue. Add a face – it can have any expression that you choose. If you want hair add it now. Then secure the headress using the material and a pipe cleaner. Then add the cloak using the felt and secure with a pipe cleaner.
You can use pringle people in all sorts of Bible Stories. We’ve used the basic idea and made Pharoah and Joseph for the story about ‘Frogs in the bed!‘ You can add all sorts of extras such as Pharoah’s style of dress. We also used the idea to make Jezebel and added beads and buttons.
Children can make their own versions too and retell the story.