The Wheels on the Bus is a well known and often sung song at Toddler Group so we made a fun craft to go with the song. The Bus can be decorated with collage materials and crayons. We added some fun face stickers too.
Some ideas for collage materials
- Tissue paper squares (lots of colours)
- Sugar paper cut up into different shapes
- Bits of wrapping paper
- Fabric (Cut into squares using pinking shears – it won’t fray)
- Card shapes – often designed for card making, you might find some in charity shops
- Petit four cases/Cup cake cases
You can decide if you want to use lots of different materials or just a few. It’s good for children to have some choice.
Here’s a printable of the bus
Here’s some lyrics for the Wheels on the Bus.