Star Christmas decoration to make to hang on the tree! Lots of sequins are needed for this simple star shaped decoration for the Christmas Tree. It’s a fun craft to make and looks lovely as a special home made decoration. The printable banner, ‘Joy to the World’ is a reminder of the great news of the first Christmas.
Luke 2:10-11 And the angel said to them, ‘Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.
Everything you need for the star decoration
- Six lollipop/ popsicle sticks per star. (plus some spare in case of any mishaps!) Try to buy the coloured sticks. (Please consider purchasing through this link as the blog will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you!)
- Sequins (different colours, shapes and sizes)
- PVA glue and spreaders
- A button and thread
- ‘Joy to the World’ mini banner (download available below)
How to make the star
1. Glue the lollipop sticks together – layer the sticks as shown in the photo and wait for the glue to dry.
2. Meanwhile thread the cotton through the button – tie in a knot to make a loop. This will be used to hang the star from the tree.
3. Glue the threaded button to the top of the lollipop stick star.
4. Before you add sequins to the lollipop stick glue the mini ‘Joy to the World’ banner in place and then add sequins to the star.
Here’s another star idea that’s suitable for under 5’s. A Christmas Star wreath shape decorated with pictures from Christmas cards. If you don’t have Christmas cards use wrapping paper scraps!
A Christmas Carol to enjoy!