This year Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday is on the 16 February. It’s time to enjoy some pancakes!
(From the Be-Ro Home Baked Recipe Book – details at the end of the post). This is the recipe I use at home. Our family likes to eat these with lemon juice and sugar (that’s me), sugar (my son) and jam (my husband)
- 110g (4oz) Plain Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml (1/4 pint) milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl and make a hollow in the centre and add the egg
- Whisk the egg into the flour and slowly add the milk, still whisking until the batter is smooth
- Lightly oil a frying pan and heat until hot (be careful if making with children. An adult needs to be in charge here!)
- Pour in enough batter to cover the pan
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat until underside is golden brown
- Turn or flip the pancake over and cook for a further half a minute (but keep an eye on it as it may do faster)
- Enjoy with a topping of your choice!
- To make several pancakes just add some more oil each time so the batter doesn’t stick.
If you would like your own copy of the Be-Ro book then send a cheque for £2.99 payable to ‘Premier Foods Plc’ to
PO Box 10681, Hinkley, LE10 9GH (UK only)