In Mark 1:16-20 we read about Jesus calling his first disciples.
Jesus calls his first disciples – Bible Story Idea
To tell the Story you will need the different characters, a boat, a net and a fish in the Story Bag. Take them out as you need them.
One day Jesus was walking along near the Sea of Galilee. It’s a big lake that has lots of fish. Most days there were people there who were fishing. They had boats and big fishing nets to catch the fish in.
On this particular day Jesus saw two men who were throwing their big fishing net into the water – their names were Simon and Andrew. Jesus called over to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men.’
Simon and Andrew heard Jesus. They looked up from what they were doing and then they left their net and their boat and they followed Jesus!
A little further along Jesus saw two brothers, James and John. They were sitting in their boat mending the fishing net. Jesus called to them, ‘Follow me’. They heard Jesus and they left their boat and their net and they followed Jesus!
To make this craft you need
- Paper plate folded in half (Cut a small slit to slot the lollipop stick through to make a mast)
- Lollipop stick
- Card or sugar paper to make the sail
- Corrugated card to make water (optional)
- Tissue paper or similar to decorate the boat
- A net (I used the net that is packaging for oranges/lemons)