- Cut out a triangle from the plate to make the mouth.
- Use the triangle for the fish tail. Attach this with glue or staple. (The stapling needs to be done by an adult)
- Glue lots of shiny paper to the fish. We used a variety including cellophane, tissue paper with a glittery finish, shimmer paper and left over Christmas wrapping paper. (It’s always worthwhile keeping used wrapping paper for crafts)
- Add an eye. Older children could use googly eyes. I prefer not to use them with toddlers so we draw on eyes instead.
- Encourage lots of layering of the different types of paper and cellophane to blend the colours.