- 2 Cups plain flour
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar
- 2 Tablespoons oil (not nut oil)
- Food colouring
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large microwavable bowl
- Add oil
- Add your food colouring to the cold water and mix till dissolved
- Add the now coloured water to the mix and stir well
- Microwave on high in two minute bursts – stir well after each two minutes.
Your playdough is ready when everything has come together to form a dough. Watch it closely as you cook it in the microwave and reduce the two minutes to one if necessary. Once out of the microwave kneed it for a minute or two – be careful as it will be hot!
Once cool wrap in cling film or put in a plastic container and store in a cool place.